Water Innovations Grant
The Water Innovations Grant Program provides support for local universities as they make advancements in water conservation techniques and procedures.
Proposals must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible for consideration:
Propose an original, innovative solution to a significant water issue and provide a clear potential benefit to California water ratepayers in one of these target areas:
• Landscape water use efficiency
• Indoor water use efficiency
• Industrial process efficiency
• Water reclamation and re-use
• Water use-related environmental research
• Strategic water research
How do I apply?
Give your Account Manager a call today at (951) 826-5485 for full details, or send us an e-mail.
Water Innovations Grant Guidelines
• This program is available to public or private post-secondary educational institutions within the city limits of Riverside.
• The level of incentive is up to 100% of the project cost not to exceed $50,000 with no matching funds or repayment requirements associated with this program.
• Feasibility study funds are available up to $5,000 per project per calendar year to determine the effectiveness of the proposed project.
• Riverside Public Utilities (RPU) awards a Water Innovations Grant to one public or private post-secondary education institution each *fiscal year. (*Ex. The proposal submission deadline for Fiscal Year 2019-20 is February 1, 2019) Proposal submissions are evaluated through a grading process by a Grant Review Team of engineers and RPU staff.
• Grant recipients will be required to enter into an agreement with RPU to establish that the project demonstrates the proposed savings.
• Applicant’s project must be initiated within 30 days of the effective date of the agreement and must be completed within one year.
• For good cause and upon proper notification, the General Manager of RPU may approve the extension of project deadlines.
• Copyrightable material and all patent rights for inventions conceived or put into use in the course of the grant project will be the property of the recipient subject to RPU retaining certain limited use rights.
• Grant participants will be required to cooperate with RPU in publicity activities relating to the grant.
• Completion and submission of an application does not obligate RPU to allocate grant funds.
• Limitations apply.