Thermal Energy Storage & Feasibility Study Incentives
With our Thermal Energy Storage Incentives, you can earn rebates when you install a thermal energy storage system to shift your cooling load to off-peak hours. By doing so, your business can significantly cut energy costs.
How Do I Apply?
Complete the Commercial Application, attach any required documentation and mail to:
Riverside Public Utilities Programs & Services
3750 University Avenue, 3rd Floor - Riverside, CA 92501
Give your Account Manager a call today at (951) 826-5485 for full details on our existing programs or to inquire about future programs, or send us an e-mail.
Thermal Energy Storage Incentives Program Guidelines
• This program is available to Riverside Public Utilities business electric customers on our time-of-use rate.
• The level of incentive is $200 per on-peak kilowatt demand shifted to off-peak hours.
- Rebate cannot exceed the purchase price of the new unit.
• Prior to installation, a feasibility study must be conducted to determine the effectiveness of a thermal energy storage system by a firm selected by the customer and approved by Riverside Public Utilities.
• Feasibility funds are available at up to 25% of the study cost. Upon review and approval of the feasibility study, Riverside Public Utilities will enter into an agreement with the customer to establish that the system demonstrates the proposed savings.
• Planning permits must be available within 12 months of agreement execution.
• Incentive funds are guaranteed for the term of the agreement and will be paid to the Riverside Public Utilities electric customer of record.
• Incentive payments are made under the following schedule: 50% when agreement is signed and the remaining 50% when the system is operating in accordance with specifications.
• The incentive cap is $50,000 per customer, per year with the rebate being no more than 50% of the total project costs.
• A copy of the completed study, paid invoices, or other documentation deemed necessary by Riverside Public Utilities must be provided.
• All General Program Guidelines apply.