Shade Tree Incentives Program
Since the shade tree program began, Riverside Public Utilities has given out more than 125,000 shade trees. By cooling our city, shade trees are a vital part of the quality of life in Riverside.
Perfect for beautifying your campus, our shade tree planting incentives make it easy to purchase and plant shade trees around buildings. You’ll quickly discover that this is one of the simplest ways to beautify and reduce cooling costs.
How do I apply?
Complete the Business Programs Application, attach any required documentation and mail to:
Riverside Public Utilities Programs & Services
3750 University Avenue, 3rd Floor - Riverside, CA 92501
Give your Account Manager a call today at (951) 826-5485 for full details on our existing programs or to inquire about future programs, or send us an e-mail.
Shade Tree Incentives Program Guidelines
• The level of incentive is $25 per tree for the purchase of up to five qualifying trees per electric account, per calendar year.
• Rebate will be credited to customer’s electric account.
• Rebate amount cannot exceed the purchase price of the tree.
• All tree species qualify, except for dwarf and palm trees.
• Qualifying trees must be purchased from a City of Riverside nursery and planted within 14 days of purchase at the business service address.
• Before planting, customers should contact the Underground Service Alert of Southern California, or DigAlert, at 1 (800) 227-2600.
• Trees must be planted within 10 to 35 feet of the building foundation on the property to achieve maximum energy efficiency.
• Customers cannot plant trees on city property.
• By signing the Shade Tree Incentives Program application, customer agrees to the long-term care of the tree.
• All General Program Guidelines apply.