Construction Incentive Program
With our Commercial Building Construction Incentives, we offer rebates for building projects that incorporate energy-saving designs and equipment. This rebate also covers expansion and retrofit projects that make Riverside’s existing buildings more efficient.
This program provides incentives for new commercial construction projects that exceed Title 24 baseline standards. For businesses that qualify, this program may cover up to 50% of the project’s cost or $150,000, whichever is less. Be sure to call your account manager at (951) 826-5485 or e-mail us before you begin your project to discuss program details and requirements.
Major tenant improvements or building retrofits for this program may include, but are not limited to:
- $0.05 cents per square foot of R-13+ exterior wall insulation
- $0.10 cents per square foot of R-19+ attic insulation
- $0.15 - $0.20 cents per square foot of R-30+ & R-38+ attic insulation
Window and door replacements
- $1.00 per square foot of Energy Star-rated window replacements
- $1.00 per square foot of Energy Star-rated door replacements
- $1.00 per square foot of National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC) certified window film
Commercial Building Construction Incentives Guidelines
• Program applies to new commercial construction projects and major tenant improvements or retrofits of existing buildings.
• Incentives will be paid based on the whole building performance in excess of minimum Title 24 design standards.
• Incentives are paid at a rate of $0.10 per kWh of annual energy savings in excess of Title 24 standards for electricity-saving measures only (natural gas savings are not eligible for this rebate).
• Customer is responsible for providing documentation of Title 24 savings through energy modeling software.
• All General Program Guidelines apply.