CRESP Kickoff Meeting - Riverside Security & Privacy Workshop Add to my calendar
Friday, April 27, 2018
8:00am - 5:00pm
Location: 900 University Ave, Riverside, CA 92521
UCR is launching UCR Center for Research and Education in Cyber Security and Privacy (CRESP). They will have a Kickoff meeting and the first workshop. This is an opportunity to:
- Showcase the research done in the center at UCR
- Invite researchers, industrial partners, investors to share their ideas
- Stimulate research collaborations among universities and colleges
- Provide solutions to emerging and long-standing challenges faced by cybersecurity industry
- Attract students to join security and privacy research
FormatThe kickoff meeting/workshop is expected to be a one-day event with the following setup
- Keynote speech. We will invite distinguished researchers to give keynote speech.
- Presentations. We invite industry leaders, professors, and researchers to present their recent work.
- Poster session.
- Ad-hoc conversation during lunch and breaks.
XIAOFENG WANG - XiaoFeng Wang is a James H. Rudy Professor of Computer Science and Engineering at Indiana University Bloomington. His research focuses on system security and data privacy with a specialization on security and privacy issues in mobile and cloud computing, and privacy issues in dissemination and computation of human genomic data. He is the director of the Center for Security and Privacy in Informatics, Computing, and Enigeering (SPICE) at IUB. He is a top author in the "big-4" security venues.
STEPHEN CHONG - Stephen Chong is a Gordon McKay Professor of Computer Science in the Harvard John A. Paulson School of Engineering and Applied Sciences. Steve's research focuses on programming languages, information security, and the intersection of these two areas. He is the recipient of an NSF CAREER award, an AFOSR Young Investigator award, and a Sloan Research Fellowship. He received a PhD from Cornell University, and a bachelor's degree from Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand.
XIAONING LI - Xiaoning Li is Chief Security Architect at Alibaba Cloud. Previously he was a security researcher and architect at Intel Labs. Focused on analyzing/detecting/preventing 0 day/malware with existing/new processor features. For the past 10+ years, his work has been focusing on both hardware/software security system co-design and advanced threat research. Xiaoning holds 20+ grant/filling patents in security areas including processor/system security and has published more than 20+ conference/invited talks including BlackHat, CanSecWest, ShmooCon, Source etc.