The Community and Economic Development Department
The City of Riverside’s Community and Economic Development Department is taking a proactive approach to better address the increased demands and challenges facing our local businesses by shifting resources and time in order to enhance outreach and ombudsman services.
We focus on high quality customer service; assisting every client first with a phone call or site visit to review the plans and challenges the company is facing, followed by a customized plan of action that includes bringing in key partners and program facilitators best suited to provide the business with the guidance and services they need.
Our Mission is to help businesses create jobs for our community.
What is Economic Development?
Economic Development is the collaborative effort of community, business and government to grow the local economic base through actions to support the creation and expansion of businesses, develop new markets for goods and services and attract top talent into the workforce.
- We take an ENTREPRENEURIAL approach to our jobs.
- We are DRIVEN to pursue excellence.
- We seek COLLABORATION with community partners.
- We are PASSIONATE about our mission and community.
- We are OPTIMISTIC that our work makes a difference.
- We embrace TEAMWORK to accomplish our mission.
- We have FUN while getting the job done.
- We are ACCOUNTABLE to our community.
- We CELEBRATE success!
Agricultural Business Development Coordinator
Economic Development Coordinator
Awards & Recognitions
#1 U.S. City for Small Business
#3 in CA for Economic Performance, #103 in the World
America's Best Cities for Global Trade
#5 in Digital Cities Survey
California Air Resources Board
#1 Coolest California City
#2 Hot Spot for Tech in the U.S.
#6 Happiest Place in the Nation for Young Professionals